Sunday, April 22, 2007

Some comfort for the Laughlin River Run

My wife told me last year that I needed to step up and get her a bigger passenger seat for this years Laughlin River Run. I'm not opposed to having her enjoy the ride in more comfort but I'm also not big on adding more crap to the bike. I'm usually torn between leaving the bags and windshield on when we take long rides.

For me, I can handle it without a windshield but it does tend to tire out my lower back due to disk surgery some years back. No problem for an hour or so, even at 75-80 mph but longer than that and I'm starting to feel it. She on the other hand insists on the windshield anytime we're on the freeway for more than a half hour and I have to admit, it's pretty nice on longer hauls.

But anyway, last year I thought she held up like a trooper using the stock seat on the Heritage Classic but she admitted to having a sore butt when we got home. How some gals make it on a little pillion is beyond me. So I went down to the Harley Davidson dealer and dished out $149 for the studded passenger seat that is wider than the stock one. We took a nice little ride out to Ojai, CA last weekend to see if she liked and the word is good. So we're ready to go in comfort. Clock is really ticking down now and we're getting pretty jazzed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home