Monday, April 23, 2007

Boozing it up at the Laughlin River Run

Jesus, the run is still 3 days off and I'm blogging about it non-stop. Gee...I wonder if I'm stoked??

I decided to stop drinking about a month ago. Not permanently but just felt I'd been enjoying a few too many martinis or just vodka straight up in the evenings so for the sake of my stomach and sinuses (yeah, I wake up totally congested after about 5 of those puppies the night before) I made a decision to not drink at all during the month of April until we get to Laughlin on April 26.

And let me tell ya, I haven't really missed it at all. There was one night a few weeks ago where I really could have used a belt but it passed. And any rides we've had to local biker hangouts on the weekends have been no problem since I've at least allowed myself to drink O'Douls. 0.5% alcohol so I'm counting two bottles at a sitting as still being on the wagon.

But here the deal. Last year when we checked into the room in Laughlin we decided to take a nice walk to the liquor store and get our booze of choice: Vodka for me (no mixer thank you) and gin and tonic for my wife. We found out that the city sells no (as in ZERO) glass containers for the weekend!! WTF??? I managed to find a plastic fifth of vodka at some ridiculous price and we got gouged at the hotel bar for a bottle of gin.

So now we have to decide: Do we shlep two big bottles of booze in the bags all the way across the desert or do we get into town, check into the hotel and then make a booze run down to Bullhead City for liquor? I'm more inclined to pack that shit in the bags coz I'm gonna want to drink up when I get there. Of course there's always the crazy prices for a drink but man..I want my own stocked bar in my room. As long as I keep the bottles away from the pipes we'll be good I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home